Malta is more than just an archipelago in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. It’s a hidden gem and definitely holds more adventures than most people know. It’s also famous for having the best weather in the world! It’s always sunny, even in winter. The Malta Citizenship by Investment Program, also known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is one of the most popular Citizenship by Investment programs in Europe, as it comes with countless benefits.
- Malta is recognized by EU Citizenship By Investment Program.
- Visa-free travel to 168 destinations, including the US, Canada and UK.
- While you wait to get your Maltese passport on investment, you get your Schengen Residence status for 1 year prior to the issue of passport, issued on application.
- Malta enjoys free public schools for children living both in Malta and Gozo.
- The main applicant must be at least 18 years of age to qualify.
- You need to pass the Maltese government’s “fit and proper” test.
- You will need a licensed agent to guide you through the process of becoming a Maltese citizen through investment.
- Show proof, and authentic source of funds.
- Stage 1
Application preparation and submission. A pre-approval letter is issued. Advisory and due diligence fees are due at this step. Evidence of the source of funds must also be presented at this stage.
Notification of acceptance will be issued.
- Stage 2
Additional verification is done by the Government of Malta’s regulatory body.
Application is approved.
Payment of remaining fees needs to be done.
An investment is made in selected option. Payment of government fees, if applicable.
- Stage 3
Naturalisation Certificate issued.
Submission of passport application. Passport issued.
- Stage 1
b. Property purchase
- EUR 650,000 (single applicant) or EUR 675,000 (married couple): donation
- EUR 150,000 (for both): stocks/bonds
- EUR 350,000 (for both): property purchase
The fees associated with the program is being conveyed on request. Application fees include government, due diligence and mandatory program fees. Fees charged by My Global Citizenship™ is excluding the government and legal entity fees. For residency and citizenship, separate fees have to be paid to the government at each stage. For Advisory fees charged by My Global Citizenship™ and exact quote based on your family combination, please contact us.
The Malta Citizenship by Investment program is offered by My Global Citizenship™. The above timeline is an estimate provided for information purposes only based on experiences with past clients. Processing time and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. My Global Citizenship™ is not responsible for any changes to the estimations above; we can provide a specific time and cost estimates on an individual basis.