Greek Golden Visa Program started in 2013 and is considered as one of the most affordable residency by investment programs that provide visa-free travel in Europe. Greece is one of the fastest growing economies of the world. It offers many competitive advantages to its investors including a wide source of natural resources, a strategic location useful for global business and an innovative and evolving, modern culture. Greece is also a member of the EU, the Eurozone and the Schengen Agreement.
With the Greek Golden Visa, applicants and their families can benefit from visa-free access in Europe and many other benefits, including the following
- Visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area.
- No mandatory residency requirements in Greece.
- Fast application process with permits acquired within 30-60 days.
- Inclusion of family members allowed.
- Ability to hold shares and receive dividend income from a company registered in Greece (but not be employed in Greece).
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship after 7 years of residence if lived in Greece for at least 183 days each year.
Investors looking for Greece residency by investment must fulfil some of the basic requirements for residency.
- Clean criminal record.
- Certificate of health from a Greek medical professional and medical insurance to cover any length of stay in Greece.
- Entry visa obtained from your local Greek Consulate.
- Stage 1
Travel to Greece with a Type ‘D’ (Travel) Visa.
During your stay, tax number is issued along with bank account, transfer of funds, viewing properties and sign PoA.
Finalize purchase an acquire the property title.
Prepare for Residency Permit application and collect required documentation. Payment of fees is applicable at this stage.
- Stage 2
Submit biometric data.
Once application is approved, Residence Permit is issued.
- Stage 1
Property purchase with minimum investment value:
a. €250,000: Renewable after 5 years.
The fees associated with the program are being conveyed on request. Application fees include government, due diligence and mandatory program fees. Fees charged by My Global Citizenship™ is excluding the government and legal entity fees. For residency and citizenship, separate fees have to be paid to the government at each stage. For advisory fees charged by My Global Citizenship™ and exact quote based on your family combination, please contact us.
The Greek Golden Visa program is offered by My Global Citizenship™. The above timeline is an estimate provided for information purposes only based on experiences with past clients. Processing time and costs will vary depending on a number of factors. My Global Citizenship™ is not responsible for any changes to the estimations above; we can provide a specific time and cost estimates on an individual basis.