Citizenship by Investment is the method of acquiring second citizenship and passport by investing in the host country’s economy. Citizenship by Investment programs legally confers citizenship status quicker than conventional immigration procedures and does so without asking investors to hold back their lives.
Citizenship by Investment programs would grant the applicants and their families automatic citizenship. That means qualifying for a second passport, and hence their incredible popularity among our customers for the international travel options they offer.
There are several reasons to invest in a second citizenship.
- Security-A second passport from a secure, prosperous country in case of some kind of political instability in one’s home country may be life-saving. Insurance of this kind is invaluable for investors and their families.
- Mobility– Many passports are relatively limited in their mobility without visas, requiring people to obtain visas if they need to travel. A second passport can offer individuals from these countries increased global mobility.
- Business– New business prospects open to applicants through citizenship by investment, as they are now able to do business in the host country, and travel more openly abroad.
- Tax management– Dual citizenship may be useful for tax optimization purposes. For example, in some countries only tax income is received from that country, and no tax is placed on capital gains either. This allows investors to manage their wealth more efficiently and effectively.
Citizenship by Investment programs provide you with the ability to gain a new nationality and an alternative or second passport quickly, and easily without any major disturbance to your life.
Most countries have laws authorizing their government to grant citizenship in exchange for substantial contributions to society, culture, economy, and other state interests. Yet this government discretion is exercised very rarely. In the past, some countries had programs in place that were expressly designed to draw foreign investors in return for citizenship.
Each country has a specific set of criteria that applicants must meet for their citizenship by investment program.
Some programs require medical examinations and proof of good health, while others do not.
However, the conditions given below are common to all:
- Provide a clear criminal record.
- Showcasing the investment funds’ legal source.
- Invest in one of the options approved by the government, such as real estate, government bonds, or a national economic fund.
All conditions must be fulfilled to receive the host government’s approval of citizenship applications.
Primary reasons for obtaining citizenship are birth within a given country, descent from a parent citizen, marriage to a citizen, and naturalization. The conditions under which naturalization privilege is granted differ from state to state, but family relationships or extended periods of residency are typically necessary, in addition to good character, and other criteria.
At My Global Citizenship™, we’re here to make the second immigration and citizenship process seamless. As a global advisor, we discuss our clients’ holistic needs and motivate them to make the right investment decision. We’ve been reviewing all of the latest programs and actively tracking new technologies. My Global Citizenship™ offers immigration and citizenship preparation guidance.
Hundreds of wealthy people and their advisors depend on our knowledge, and experience in this field each year. Our highly trained employees work together as a cohesive team.
CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS
- Antigua & Barbuda
- Saint Lucia
- St. Kitts & Nevis
The country’s economic citizenship program provides the following benefits:
- Inclusion of dependent children under 28 and dependent parents or grandparents over 58.
- No requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including the Schengen zone, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- Antigua & Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship.
The citizenship by investment program for Cyprus has a myriad of advantages:
- You can travel visa-free to 170+ countries including the UK, EU and Canada.
- Your Citizenship is valid for life. The whole family can obtain citizenship and pass it on to the next generations.
- You have access to first-class EU education and health care systems.
- You can rent out your property and maximize your Return on Investment.
- You have the freedom to move your capital, services and goods within the EU.
The Economic Citizenship Program offers applicants a wealth of benefits and privileges:
- No physical residency requirements.
- Inclusion of dependent children under 30.
- Inclusion of unmarried daughters under 30 living with and fully supported by the main applicant.
- Inclusion of dependent parents and grandparents over the age of 55.
- Visa-free travel to over 125 countries.
- No taxes for non-residents.
- Visa-free travel to over 120 countries, including the Schengen zone, Brazil and China.
- No tax on worldwide income.
- Dual citizenship is allowed.
- Excellent education benefits for children.
- The right to apply for a US E-2 Visa as a citizen of a qualifying treaty country.
The island of Malta lies between Sicily and the North African coast. The benefits of Maltese citizenship are:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 184 destinations including Canada and the EU.
- The right to live, work, and study in any of the EU countries and Switzerland.
- It has a growing economy and some of the soundest banks in the world.
- Access to free public education systems in Malta and Gozo.
- While you wait to get your Maltese passport on investment, you get your Schengen Residence status for 1 year prior to the issue of passport, issued on application.
The benefits of the Citizenship by Investment Program of Montenegro are:
- Residency in just 3 months, Citizenship approval in another 3-4 months.
- Visa-free travel to over 100 countries worldwide (including the European Union).
- Citizenship in a member country of the EU and a NATO nation.
- The economy is in a strategic geographic region.
- High quality of life, in a stable political and economic environment.
- Strategic position in Europe, with easy access to the Adriatic Sea.
St Lucia is known for its affordable cost of living and relaxed beach life. The benefits of obtaining citizenship in St. Lucia are:
- A St. Lucian passport allows visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 146 countries like the Schengen region of Europe, Hong Kong, Singapore, the UK, and many more.
- No place of residence or visitor is required.
- St. Lucia accepts dual citizenship.
- St. Lucian citizens have the ability to live in any of the member countries of the OECS and most of the member countries of the CARICOM.
The St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the longest-established programs of its kind offering applicants a variety of unique benefits:
- Quick processing within four months.
- Accelerated application phase-60-day approval; inclusion of dependent children under 30, and dependent parents or grandparents over the age of 55.
- No requisites for physical residency.
- No obligation to fly to St. Kitts & Nevis during the application.
- Visa-free travel to more than 135 countries.
- St Kitts & Nevis accepts dual citizenship.
Turkey provides countless investment opportunities and market prospects for global citizens looking to diversify their portfolios. Among other benefits are:
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 116 destinations including Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore.
- Eligibility for an E-2 Investor Visa in the USA for a five-year renewable period.
- Access to a transcontinental Eurasian country that is a stable economic, financial, and a political hub between Europe, Western Asia, and the Middle East.
- Turkey allows for dual citizenship.
The island between New Zealand and Australia offers Citizenship by Investment with the following advantages:
- No language requirement.
- Visa-free access to 125+ countries (UK; Europe; Singapore).
- No personal or worldwide income tax.
- Dual citizenship permitted.
- Inclusion of dependent children 25 years and under and dependent parents 65 years and above.