The United Kingdom is one of the most popular destinations for high net-worth individuals. The UK immigration investment visa also called the Tier 1 investor visa, offers individuals the chance to migrate to the UK with their families.
Since study and work laws have become more controlled, investment immigration seems to be an excellent way to acquire UK citizenship. The UK is the financial capital of the world, with London offering a plethora of economic opportunities to investors. But is it the right path to get a UK citizenship? Let’s find out.
Getting Citizenship with the UK Immigration Investment Visa:
By investing £5 million in bonds & equity in the UK, investors can acquire a UK residency by investment for them and their families. The country offers a high-quality standard of living and lifestyle suitable for raising a family. Investors can become citizens of the UK after a period of 6 years:
Investors must have personal assets that must exceed a value of £2 million. They must not have any criminal record against them before applying for the Tier 1 UK immigration investment visa. The application form needs to be submitted to the visa authorities in the home country. However, if an individual has already immigrated to the UK and wishes to switch to the route of investment, they can apply from their residence also.
Investors must invest at least 75% of their capital in UK government bonds, share capital, or loan capital in registered companies. The remaining 25% or less must be invested in the purchase of assets or as a deposit in a regulated financial institution. The investment must be made within 3 months of the application; otherwise, it might get curtailed.
Investors and their dependent family, including husband/wife and children under a certain age, are allowed to reside within the benefits of UK citizenship by investment. Under the Tier 1 category, children can get indefinite leave to remain during their education. While assessing the net worth of an individual, joint assets can also be taken into consideration.
Indefinite Leave to Remain:
Investors are eligible to apply for an extension or ILR before their visa expires. They are qualified to apply for indefinite leave to remain after 5 years if their investment is maintained, and they have passed the English language test.
Become a UK Citizen with the UK Investment Immigration Visa!
The UK is a country rich with culture and diversification. It is an excellent place to raise a family for investors. After a period of 6 years, investors can apply for UK citizenship. If you’re looking to migrate to the UK with the UK investment immigration visa, we can help. My Global Citizenship™ is a leading investment immigration company that enables investors to migrate to the UK. Contact Us today.